The 2-weeks training course in InP-based Photonic Integrated Circuit design and fabrication will run again at Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, this year.
This is a rare opportunity to not only study PIC design with the experts, get hands-on experience with various software tools, but also to study practical fab aspects and, ultimately, to get some of your designs built through our shared MPW runs.
For more information: visit http://jeppix.eu/education.html.
What will you learn?
- What is photonic integration and generic manufacturing;
- What photonic platforms are available via MPW;
- The level of maturity of each photonic’s platform and their service providers today;
- How does a Multi Project Wafer run work in practice;
- What is a Process Design Kit (PDK);
- Discover the services from various design houses (VLC Photonics and BrightPhotonics) that can help you with actual design work and libraries for the software tools;
- PIC design examples and applications on each of the JePPIX’s foundry (SMART Photonics (NL), Oclaro (UK), Heinrich Hertz Institute (GER), TriPleX-LioniX (NL)).
Furthermore there is an extensive hands-on session in using a design kit:
- Use foundry’s mature building blocks to simulate your circuit with PICwave from Photon Design, Aspic from Filarete;
- Automatically translate your circuit to foundry’s on-specs mask (GDSII) file by using OptoDesigner from PhoeniX Software;
- Design for packaging by using templates from Linkra, Technobis.